Code of Ethics
All members of LA South REIA shall agree to observe and be bound by the following Code of Ethics:
- Members shall constantly seek to provide better values, so that people may know and enjoy the benefits of homeownership or rental living.
- Members shall at all times contribute their knowledge in providing housing and management to the best interest of those they serve.
- Members shall not obtain any business by means of fraudulent statements or by use of implications unwarranted by fact or reasonable probability.
- Members shall comply both in spirit and letter with rules and regulations prescribed by law and government agencies for the health, safety, and progress of the community.
- Members shall not perform or cause to be performed any act which would tend to reflect on or bring into disrepute any part of the housing provider industry.
- Members shall not perform or cause to be performed any act which would tend to reflect on or bring LA South REIA into disrepute.
- Members shall conduct their business practices between other members with integrity in an honest manner and shall not conduct any business transaction which would tend to bring disrepute to the Member’s business, the business of another member, or to any part of the housing provider industry.
- Members acknowledge that LA South REIA’s policy is to support and foster Fair Housing. Members understand that it is illegal to advertise or in any way to discriminate in the sale or rental of a dwelling to a person because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin. All members pledge to uphold all Fair Housing Laws.